‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ from Justin Timberlake was the most played song on Australian radio in 2016.
- Can't Stop The Feeling! - Justin Timberlake - 19,137
- This Is What You Came For - Calvin Harris Feat Rihanna - 17,120
- One Dance - Drake Feat Wizkid & Kyla - 16,495
- Cheap Thrills - Sia - 16,479
- Never Be Like You - Flume Feat Kai - 16,080
- Just Like Fire - Pink - 15,450
- 7 Years - Lukas Graham - 15,342
- Don't Let Me Down - The Chainsmokers Feat Daya - 15,248
- Treat You Better - Shawn Mendes - 15,026
- Closer - The Chainsmokers Feat Halsey - 14,722
The No.1 song had a substantial lead with 2,017 more plays than the runner up ‘This Is What You Came For’ from Calvin Harris Featuring Rihanna. With 19,137 spins throughout the year, ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ has received more than 1,254 hours and 32 mins of airtime, which is remarkable since its first airplay was only in May this year. That amount of airplay is equivalent to playing the track on repeat for 52 days! Hit 104.12DayFM in Sydney wins the prize for playing ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ the most, with 1,057 spins and Nova 969 in Sydney close behind with 1,038. Keith Williams, RCS Vice President Asia Pacific said, “It is disappointing to only see 2 Australian songs in the Top 10 this year. Sia at number 4 with ‘Cheap Thrills’ and Flume at number 5 with ‘Never Be Like You’. Last year Sia was also in the Top 10 with ‘Chandelier’. The good news is there are a total of 17 Australian artists in the Top 100 most played songs for 2016” he commented today. AirCheck™, the Leader in Local Media Monitoring in Australia, checks the airplay of songs and commercials on ALL 54 commercial radio stations 24/7 in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth, Central Coast, Newcastle and Geelong, plus Triple j and FBi in Sydney, Fresh FM in Adelaide and ABC Local Radio in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane Adelaide and Perth. AirCheck™ is producing this type of market intelligence of songs and commercials every day, the only company publishing weekly airplay charts for the radio and music industries, using real time data to compile national and local market based music charts for competitive analysis. AirCheck™ airplay data is used exclusively by The Music Network, Radioinfo, Radio Today and Mediaweek publications. For further information and/or interviews, please contact Keith Williams at RCS on (02) 8424 3300 or email email@example.com
- ^ Results are based on Airplay from the 1st January to 19th December 2016
- # Radio means radio stations monitored by AirCheck. These include: 2CH, 2GB, 2GO, 2HD, 2MMM, 2SM, 2UE, 3AW, 3MMM, 4BC, 4KQ, 4MMM, 5AA, 5MMM, 6IX, 6PR, 96FM, 973, ABC612, ABC702, ABC720, ABC774, ABC891, BAYFM, CRUISE, EDGE, FBi, FRESH, GOLD, GOLD 925, Hit101.9 FOX FM, Hit104.1 2DAYFM, Hit105, Hit106.9, Hit107, Hit92.9, Hot-Tomato, KIIS 101, KIIS1065, KOFM, KROCK, Magic 1278, Magic 882, MIX 102, MIX 94.5, MyMP, NEW FM, NOVA 100, NOVA 1069, NOVA 919, NOVA 937, NOVA 969, SEA Hit101.3, SEA Hit90.9, SEN, Sky Sports Radio, Smooth 91.5, Smooth 95.3, SPORT927, Star 104.5, triple j & WS-FM.
- ~ The Top 100 most played songs for 2016 is published HERE